El Centro Del Pueblo Recreational Services is an after-school program with limited services. The program is a City of Los Angeles funded program for at-risk youth in the communities of Echo Park, Temple-Beaudry, Silver Lake, Elysian Valley, Hollywood and the Central City areas. We service youth and their families from the ages of 4 to adults.
Operating our S. Mark Taper Youth and Family Recreation Center has given us years of experience in organizing parent/child activities. Our facility includes a volley ball court, full basketball court, handball courts, computer lab, library, game room, weight room, dance and exercise room, a boxing center and a kitchen.
Our Recreational Services provides youth and their families with various activities, to help steer them in a more positive direction. Our program represents a comprehensive effort to strengthen neighborhoods, youth, and families by providing activities that effectively protect communities. The following are services that are provided to our youth and their families:
- Tae Kwon Do: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Tuesday – Ages 6-18
- Gymnastics: 4:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Monday, Tuesday & Friday – Ages 4 -18
- Boxing: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. M-F – Ages 6-18
- Computer Classes: 4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday – Ages 6-18
- Recreational Activities: 2:30 p.m. Mon. thru Fri. – Ages 6 and 18
- Literacy Program: 6:00 p.m. to – 7:30 p.m. Wednesday – Ages 11 & 18
- Yoga: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday – Ages 16 & Above
- Aerobics: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday & Friday – Ages 16 & Above
- Computer Classes: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday – Ages for Adults
- Health Clinic: Wednesday