Our clinical programs offer culturally and linguistically sensitive services driven by intervention plans developed in collaboration with our clients and their families. Over 95% of our clinical staff are bilingual (Spanish/English) and racially diverse. We have developed our capacity to implement several well researched mental health evidence based practices. For many of our clients and their families, this is the first time that they have received mental health services; therefore we work diligently to help ensure that we “demystify” mental health and work with them so that they feel included in the design and implementation of services.
Our Clinical Mental Health Programs also serve as a training site for the various graduate schools of Social Work from major universities in Southern California, with a more than 10-year history of training culturally competent social work practitioners. El Centro del Pueblo also was selected by USC School of Social Work to serve as one of the sites for its annual community immersion program for incoming graduate social work students.
- Center based and community based outpatient mental health services
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication support
- Case management
- Children and youth (0 through age 20) recently released from a psychiatric hospital/facility
- Foster children at risk of disrupted placement
- Children who are victims of abuse and neglect and at risk of removal from their caregivers
- Must have full scope MediCal (no deductible/share of cost)
- Must be 0 through age 20 and meet the state’s requirement for medical necessity for mental health services
- Residents of Los Angeles County’s service area 4